Missing SQL performance counters
- Stop SQL Server Service
- Open Command Prompt (Start ? Run ? Cmd)
- Run the command: NET STOP MSSQLSERVER
- Then, this question will appear: ?The following services are dependent on the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service. Stopping the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service will also stop these services: SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER). Do you want to continue this operation? (Y/N) ?
- Press ?Y?
- Open Command Prompt and get located on the BINN directory of SQL Server. Probable locations are:
- x:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn
- x:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN
- Once located on the BINN directory, using the Command Prompt, execute the following command: lodctr sqlctr.ini
- Restart your computer.